We are Tuum. The heart of the business. The changing force from within. The innovation engine you can rely on.
Our banking platform is revolutionising the financial services industry and we are now looking to grow #TeamTuum!
We believe that the best solutions are developed through teamwork, sharing, and questioning the status quo. The culture at Tuum is one of continuous learning and supportiveness; just as we empower our clients, we empower each other to explore, innovate and thrive.
As a rapidly growing startup, we’re scaling our technical project team in Tallinn and we need a skilled Software Engineer with a can-do attitude to contribute to the success of our product.
Tasks at hand:
- Producing the specifications and writing the code for a long-term, minimum-maintenance product
- Identifying problems, suggesting improvements, presenting and sharing the ideas regarding your solutions
- Supporting and interacting with international customers and vendor partners
- Optimizing existing software for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborating with other team members and internal stakeholders
- Deep diving into banking and its business logic
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Studies (BA/MA) in the field of IT or technology
- Experience in working with cloud environments like AWS
- A solid understanding of Java11+, Spring (Boot), React 16 (with knowledgeable use of ES6 and Hooks)
- Strong knowledge about relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Experience in projects related to banking, payments, cards, lending, or integrations is considered an advantage
- Always thinking about security when building or running solutions
- Experience working with RabbitMQ (or other messaging queues), MyBatis, Camunda (preferred, basic process-engine knowledge is a plus)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and desire to simplify and automate everyday operations
- An organized, results-oriented, creative, and change-driving state of mind
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or Estonian
- Willingness and desire to be a source-of-truth for your colleagues and peers
- Meaningful work that impacts millions of people and the opportunity to take ownership, get fully involved, and forge your own career path
- Growth within the company - our fast-paced and challenging environment offers great opportunities in multiple locations
- Supportive, friendly and smart international colleagues - we also host regular team building and social events
- Transparent and lean management - we have monthly meetings to share news and discuss learning points